Digital Thermometer for Sous Vide Cooking
Mini Handheld Thermocouple (MTC) is sure to be a favorite in the kitchen, at the backyard grill, or out in the factory. It's water-resistant, lightweight, and includes a type K thermocouple socket for use with virtually any type K probe. This is a true thermocouple meter for about 1D2 the price of any we've seen.
- Sous Vide Cooking
- Food Service
- Food Processing
- General Industrial
The MTC has a splash rating of IP65 so kitchen or factory use is no problem. With a large digit display you'll be able to read temperatures anywhere in the kitchen. A magnetic back panel attaches to any metal surface for easy mounting.
Mini Handheld Thermocouple
- Resolution to 0.10C or F
- Uses interchangeable type K thermocouple probes
- Large LCD display
- IP65 Splash Resistant
- 0C/0F Switchable
- Magnetic Back Panel
- (1) MTC Mini Handheld Thermocouple Thermometer
- (1) Miniature Needle Probe, 39" cable
- (1) Protective Zipper Wallet. Padded vinyl.
To use this for monitoring the foods temp during the sous vide cooking you will need to use the closed-cell foam tape.
How to use temp probe with foam-tape
- Vacuum sealing the product in the bag.
- Make sure bag is dry
- Cut off a 1 to 1 1/2" piece of the closed-cell foam tape.
- Remove the paper covering the adhesive on the tape.
- Stick it to the outside of the bag over the thickest part of the product.
- carefully insert the probe through the tape at an angle into the thickest part of the meat.
- The closed-cell nature of the foam will prevent the bag from leaking vacuum.
- place the bag and the probe into the thermal water bath.
Sous Vide Technique Videos that show this product in use:
Lesson in Sous-Vide | Thomas Keller
Aquick video showing how to cook sous vide - cooking in a bag over the stove. It can be done, but a sous vide machine can make it a lot easier.Beef, Lamb
Beef Tenderloin sous vide
I really like this video because of the care the chef takes during the preparation. He also shows the use of a temperature probe and foam tape to monitor the cooking process. When it comes to the prep and cooking of the vegetables it will make your mouth water. It looks like he is cooking the vegetables in a steam oven but you could use the same prep package techniques and cook them at 185F in a thermal circulator or water oven.Beef, Vegetables